Hello hello hello!

Hello and welcome to the new blog, Back from the Library!

My name is Gregory Porter. I am a software engineer by trade but I do a bunch of other things in my free time.

I have two other blogs; Back From the Movies and a music making blog. I started the movie blog after I graduated from university to post reviews and discuss film. I've found over the years that I've moved from film to TV but I don't have the same desire to write about TV.

To be honest, I don't watch the most sophisticated stuff. Don't get me started on Love is Blind! Mm Mm Mmmmm

Anyway. My commute to work is about 50-60 minutes each way. After about 6 months, I got pretty darn tired of the same songs on the radio so I thought that it would be a perfect opportunity to listen to some audio books.

Maybe someday podcasts, but at the moment, I'm going audio books.

This blog will contain some of my thoughts as I finish books (or if I put them down).

If you happen to be familiar with my movie review blog (if not, I highly recommend it), I'll follow a similar format. I'll give a sentence or two long "Bottom line" and then I'll dive a little deeper but remain spoiler free. Once that is done, I'll explore the book further with spoilers. I'll be clear before I get to the spoilers - don't worry!

I am not restricted to genre though, I tend not to go to Horror. In fact, I actively try to go between different genres to shake things up.

Alright, that'll be enough for tonight. I hope you have a good day/night!

Thanks for reading!

P.S. If you have any questions, comments, etc. Please do leave a comment and I will absolutely get back to you.

Comments

Popular Posts